Easy to make banana bread. Perfect with a cup of tea!
• 9×5 inch loaf pan
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1 and a half cup all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• measuring cup
• 1 teaspoon
• large mixing bowl
• small mixing bowl
• parchment paper (for easy clean up)
• Tablecloth for easy clean up
• Printed instructions for the group to follow
• Optional: chocolate chips, nuts, icing sugar
Wash hands thoroughly before preparation.
• Print instructions and cut out each numbered step so that each participant has a role to play.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lay parchment paper in the loaf pan.
2. Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter in a large bowl.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix flour and baking soda together.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5. Stir ingredients together and add salt to the batter.
6. Pour batter into loaf pan/
7. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the loaf.
8. Let rest for 10 minutes and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!
Activity Instruction Adaptations
• Topings are optional but could make the banana bread more tasty.
• Numbered activity instructions could be printed and handed out to each participant so that everyone could have a turn and follow along.